Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tuesday Twitterings

Well, I finally got my prize package-but the treo didn't work. It works, but there is a big band across the bottom, making it impossible to see any buttons below that spot. So it's off to Texas for little Zoey, and hopefully she'll be back soon!

Why is it that the more I try to organize, sort, re-arrange, re-purpose, and clean, the more mess I make in the end? Sheesh! I have stacks of magazines to go thru, tons of fabric to use, recipes to try, stuff to give away, donate, sell on ebay...

Not only is Anna at Cookie Madness the baking-est lady I know, but she also was the winner of this years Pilsbury Bake-off! How cool is that? She has inspired me to try my hand at a few baking/cooking contests myself. I will be sure to update here.

Is anyone watching the Bachelor this season? Prince Borghese is pretty cute, but his taste in women is sorely lacking. I mean, c'mon, I know the producers have some say in who he picks so they can have a little conflict between the girls, but a couple of those girls just have to go. It's been a pretty poor replacement for Big Brother.

I was all set to leave for Camp Getaway on Friday, when we had a little accident here at the house. Everyone is ok , but I decided to stay home to keep an eye on a little boy with a very big bump. The next camp weekend is in June, and hopefully I will be doing the pampering services this time.

Does anyone subscribe to Taste of Home? It's become my favorite source of recipes lately, mostly because the recipes are so basic that I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. I have about 40-50 of them, and as I use the recipes, I am writing them down , and will be getting rid of them a couple at a time, so if anyone wants any, let me know. They have a great website too, with many of the recipes posted there...

Speaking of cooking, I made Rachael Ray's Spaghetti and Meatball Stoup (recipe here)- Big hit! The meatballs were so tasty, I used the recipe to make meatballs in bulk, so all I have to do is thaw a bag of them, and put them in sauce to cook...In the words of Rachael herself, YUM-O! I'm thinking it might make a good meatloaf recipe too!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to get Taste of Home, they have great recipes. I've got to get my butt cooking again, I don't know what happened to me!

Big Pissy said...

I really need to start cooking again too.

It's just not so much fun for only two people.....

OhTheJoys said...

Thanks for the rec... I'll check it out!

Askazombiehousewife said...

Hope your prize gets fixed

Kristin said...

Hey - I watched the Pillsbury bake off and actually made Anna's winning dinner... the kids loved the waffle stuffing!

I am totally watching the Bachelor and please... that Erica? She can't be for real!

Sunshine said...

I've been getting Taste of Home for about ten years....it is fantastic and you've reminded me I'm behind on getting the clip and keep recipes out of my issues!!

Ziz said...

I love anna! she is the shit. ;) I thought I baked a lot and then I saw anna's site -- she is a baking machine! :) Oh to be a kid growing up in her kitchen.

I really love Taste of Home. I use to subscribe to all the fancier magazines and then realized I NEVER made any of the food from them. Now I like the basics -- the rachel rays, the taste of home, and the southern recipe mags. :)

Mrs. Flinger said...

Dude. Stop talking about food! Your blog makes me hungry. :-)

~Crystal~ said...

I've never heard of Taste of Home...Oh & there was a recipe you were going to send me...Do you remember what it was? Miss our chats!

Deanna said...

I adore Taste of Home! My mother has gotten it for years, and when I got married, she gave me a subscription to it for Christmas. And she keeps renewing it every year. After my disaterous experience with Rachael Ray's magazine, it's nice to know that I can handle Taste of Home... which provides me with most of the recipes that I post on De Re Coquinaria. The parmesan chicken one is from the early 90's.

Anonymous said...

I love that magazine. I should start getting it again.

Have you ever seen the Kraft Foods Food & Family one? It's free, and has some great recipes in it. (http://kraftfoods.com/kf/FoodandFamily/)

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

My huz gets all misty over Taste Of Home. But then, he is kind of girly sometimes, LOL.

 

Who is The Apronista????

My photo
Curator of awesome...creative chick, sometime blogger, Pinterest and Instagram junkie. lover of cupcakes, vintage, aprons and airstreams...I bake cupcakes that I never eat, collect makeup like a junkie, and wear pink converse and beat-up jeans with pearls. I am a mom to 2 crazy boys, a wife to the most patient man on earth, and a instigator of trouble for all my girlfriends...

About This Blog