Saturday, September 16, 2006

Camp Whattaheckofaweekend Pt 2

Three weekends from now, I will be back in the mountains for Camp Getaway . Unfortunately I won't be doing pamperings this weekend, due to some wires crossing, but I will be assisting the staff and playing a role in the camp skits. This is really a great group of people, and I am SO looking forward to it. I never got to go to camp as a kid, so to find a place where women can get away from everything and just have fun, and not worry about work, or the kids, or what's for dinner, is a treat. Here, you just have to decide whether to try archery, or tye-dying, or yoga, or scrapbooking. You can also get a massage, a facial, pedicure/manicure, or do absolutely nothing at all. What you won't have to make up your mind about is having fun, making friends, and communing with nature (seriously-there's bears up there!!!). One of my favorite times this past June was waking up early (habits are hard to break)and sitting on the step of my cabin and reading, drinking coffee, and just listening to the birds, squirrels, and trees..Who knew trees could talk? My only goal this weekend is to get some sewing done. I went a little crazy with the patterns and fabric the last couple of weeks, so I figure I had better make something before I go again! Hopefully I will have pictures on Monday. That is, if my little feeling-better-so-they-are-making-up-for-lost-time hooligans let me. Little dood had a serious fever and red eyes, cough and runny nose, but he is also cutting both eyeteeth. Ouch! I would be a whiny mess too! Big Dood had a cough for a day or two, and had a high fever, but he seems to have shaken it off pretty quickly.



This was the view from our house the other night...Connor calls it "the pinks". The weather has been perfect here-to me anyway-sunny, temps in the 70's, cool nights. I am ready for fall and winter-such as it is in Southern California. But even here Fall has a definite feeling, a smell, a different look to the sky or something. Fall and spring is when I most wish to be living back East, or further north. I even miss snow!

No comments:

 

Who is The Apronista????

My photo
Curator of awesome...creative chick, sometime blogger, Pinterest and Instagram junkie. lover of cupcakes, vintage, aprons and airstreams...I bake cupcakes that I never eat, collect makeup like a junkie, and wear pink converse and beat-up jeans with pearls. I am a mom to 2 crazy boys, a wife to the most patient man on earth, and a instigator of trouble for all my girlfriends...

About This Blog