Monday, November 13, 2006

Manic Monday

So, I was thinking I could get a lot done this weekend-but we had an unwelcome, unwanted, uninvited guest this weekend...CROUP.

So much for that idea.

But before the seige, I made a couple of bags for my best friends' daughter's 5th Birthday (Happy Day K&K!!!)-pics tomorrow or wednesday-camera batteries went out. Purple and pink and oh-so-girly!

I have a bunch of stuff on my to-do list, and it seems like the holidays have come wayy too fast once again. I am going to post before and afters of my crafting/sewing area, work on many aprons, make lots of bags (ooh! imagine this-the red bag below, but big enough for a laptop!Or a treo!), and make myself some "girly" pads. Seriously! They're so much more comfy than disposable, absorb well, and I can't seem to tolerate "internal" protection anymore...So why not make pretty things for your girly bits too? Here is a site with a lot more info.

I also got a little bag of goodies from my friend Dawn friday-one of them was a lip plumper by Too Faced- I had read about it on A Girl Must Shop. It's called Lip Injection Extreme, and it really does work! My lips looked so much fuller, and it claims to have a long term effect with frequent use. If you can get by the odd sunburned feeling, which does go away after a few minutes, it does exactly what it says! As a lover of Lip Venom, I have to admit that the Lip Injection works a lot better.
Also in my goodie bag were samples of lots of perfumes. Included was Chocolovers (from the same company that makes Pink Sugar, my current favorite), Betsy Johnson, Nanette Lepore, and Flowerbomb by Viktor Rolf. I loved all of them , but I have to say the Betsy Johnson had a slight edge. It reminded me of my all-time favorite Angel (which people either seem to love or hate intensely), but not nearly as overwhelming. The Flowerbomb is really nice too-I would actually buy all of these, which is saying a lot! I am a full fledged perfume junkie, but a REALLY picky one... :)
My poor little guy (the ALMOST 4-year old-this Friday!) went thru the wringer this weekend, but he seems to be recovering-we had to buy a new vaproizer yesterday, since our old one got worn out-but one thing that seemed to really help was this new vapo-rub for kids and babies. They made it less menthol-y, and added rosemary and lavender-smells almost yummy!

I made my boys' (all 3 of them) favorite meal last night, tater tot casserole-it's probably not the healthiest meal, but it sure was comforting...


Tater Tot Casserole
(makes 6 servings)
1 pound Ground Beef
1 can cream of Chicken soup
1/2 can Milk
1 small can Green Chiles
1 can Green Beans
1 1/2 C Shredded Cheese
1/2 C Sour Cream
Tater Tots
Press the ground beef, uncooked into the bottom of a 2 qt casserole dish. Season well ( I use garlic salt and seasoned pepper). In a seperate bowl, mix the soup, Milk, chiles, beans, 1C of the Cheese, and the sour cream. Pour over the ground beef. Cover well with Tater tots, then remaining cheese. Bake covered 45minutes at 350*.
Like I said, not exactly "light" eating, but a small portion with a salad is enough for me, and this makes enough for some lunch leftovers.

18 comments:

Big Pissy said...

That recipe sounds tasty!

I'm gonna have to try it.

and the lip stuff too! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! The croup sucks. I sure don't miss those days!

I hope he's feeling all better. :)

Mamacita Tina said...

Hope your little guy is doing better.

Free samples are the best! Whoo-hoo, especially when you like them. That lip stuff sounds cool.

Gotta' try that recipe. We're all about soul food.

Pendullum said...

The croup?
Poor wee sweetie...
The lavander and rosemary would make the entire family feel relaxed and good...
Looking forward to the pics of the pics!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! I can't wait to try out that lip stuff as well! I'm glad that you enjoy our blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE Angel, so I'll be visiting Sephora soon to try Betsey Johnson's Betsey Johnson! On a side note, I went to a local parfumerie here in MA and had them mix up a creation of half Angel and half tunisian opium (which makes it very smoky)...and oh my, does it smell GREAT! I get so many compliments on it.

Sissy said...

I hope your little guy is better soon. You got some awesome goodies, lucky girl!

smizzo said...

Oh no, you have little barking seals in your house. :( I hope they feel better soon!

I haven't tried any lip stuff yet, but now I think I need to!

Lisa said...

Hope the bark does not visit again any time soon. And who could resist tater tot casserole? I don't know who loves it more- the kids or my husband.

Anonymous said...

yummy tater tot casserole, I will have to try it, thanks!

Kelly Wolfe said...

Oh no, croup! I'm so sorry. Hope all is well now.

That recipe sounds good. I swear, anything with a can of milk in it is divine.

Lisa

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

that recipe sounds delish woman!

Anonymous said...

OMG... Aquolina made a new fragrance???? MUST HAVE!!!! (Pink Sugar was my fave too!)

Anonymous said...

I hope your little guy feels better soon.

Thanks for all the links to awesome products (and I'm eyeing the washing machine from your previous post, too...) There's nothing more fun than drooling over cool stuff on the web. Except maybe ordering it, of course!

ditzymoi said...

I think my boys might actually eat that, I'll have to try it!!
thanks :) hope your little one gets over that fast ...it hurts!

Debbie said...

we gotta-da croup 'round these parts, too.

fun, non?

*hug*

Anonymous said...

There's nothing that wrecks plans like having to deal with sickness. Hope things are better soon! I like some of the vapor-rub scents too.

Anonymous said...

Now it's the little dood...sigh!

 

Who is The Apronista????

My photo
Curator of awesome...creative chick, sometime blogger, Pinterest and Instagram junkie. lover of cupcakes, vintage, aprons and airstreams...I bake cupcakes that I never eat, collect makeup like a junkie, and wear pink converse and beat-up jeans with pearls. I am a mom to 2 crazy boys, a wife to the most patient man on earth, and a instigator of trouble for all my girlfriends...

About This Blog