Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Why I bang my head into the wall..


Experts, teachers, books, doctors, all tell you the importance of children learning gross and fine motor skills...one of these is learning about putting in and taking out. Easy you say, but no! You read the magazines or articles, and they tell you that this toy is great or that rolling. talking, eating, blinking, light-up toy is better. So, sticking to your guns, you go with a classic-your basic no-frills, plastic Fisher Price shape sorter. Dumping out is no problem-this kid was born to dump! But putting in...hmmm. Not so much. Until one day, your little one gets into the trash and pulls out a soda cup and puts the straw in that little hole on the first try...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what? I think I may have had this problem with my oldest at least once! LOL!

Midwest said...

Now if only they could develop a toy to keep kids from going through the trash...

Gretchen said...

I love the "old school" toys - no annoying batteries.

 

Who is The Apronista????

My photo
Curator of awesome...creative chick, sometime blogger, Pinterest and Instagram junkie. lover of cupcakes, vintage, aprons and airstreams...I bake cupcakes that I never eat, collect makeup like a junkie, and wear pink converse and beat-up jeans with pearls. I am a mom to 2 crazy boys, a wife to the most patient man on earth, and a instigator of trouble for all my girlfriends...

About This Blog